Published: Tuesday, 09 March 2010 13:39
Winnebago Industries has added the new Ability Equipped floorplan to its ERA Type B motorhome line to meet the needs of customers who face physical mobility challenges.
The Era is designed for those who want to downsize, enjoy weekend travel or are looking for a full-service RV in a compact size. The Ability Equipped ERA features include:
- Ricon KlearVue lift in the rear of the motorhome. This lift provides easy access into the ERA while its low-profile design allows an unobstructed view out the windows of the rear entrance door.
- Wider aisle-way for easier navigation inside the motorhome.
- Wheelchair lock-downs are provided on the driver's side of the vehicle behind the front cab seats.
- Bath doors swing out for easy access into the bathroom.
- Assist bar and second shower head holder in the wet bath.
- Custom galley with sink, stovetop, microwave mounted under stovetop for easy access, and Waeco refrigerator that extends on a sliding tray from the end of the galley cabinet.
The Era is built on a Mercedes-Benz Sprinter chassis that has a gross vehicle weight rating of 8,550-pounds. It is equipped with a 3-liter 6-cylinder turbo diesel Mercedes-Benz engine.
In addition to the rear door with the wheelchair lift, the Ability Equipped ERA has front cab doors and a large sliding door on the passenger side of the vehicle for easy entry for additional occupants.
The front cab seats swivel fully to face the rear of the motorhome for easy access from a wheelchair. The ERA has a ceiling height of 6 feet 3 inches and an exterior length of over 24 feet.