Family Motor Coach Association, in partnership with Microwave Connection (www.microwaveconnect.com), has launched an online RV Recipe Drive to help feed the hungry.
Everyone who adds an acceptable RV-friendly recipe to FMCA.com’s Recipes for the Road (www.fmca.com/motorhome/recipes) now through March 1 will be entered in a drawing to win an On-the-Road Muffin/Cupcake Set (a $57.50 value) from Microwave Connection. But that's not the best part ....
For each recipe added during this period, FMCA will donate one non-perishable food item to a local food bank in the Cincinnati area.
“The RV Recipe Drive is not only a perfect opportunity to share recipes with other RVers, but a chance to feed some of the millions of Americans who go to bed hungry,” said Janet Sadlack, owner of Microwave Connection. “Please take a few minutes to participate."
FMCA and the motorhoming community are known for their eagerness to lend a helping hand, said Judy Czarsty, FMCA national senior vice president/acting national president. “The RV Recipe Drive is a great way to share a favorite recipe – an old family favorite, a new one that you created, or perhaps one from a friend – and help feed the hungry at the same time.”
FMCA encourages participants to submit recipes of all sorts, including main courses, side dishes, appetizers and desserts.
Recipes can be entered at www.fmca.com/motorhome/recipes. Before submitting a recipe, please sign in by entering your username and password in the boxes on the right side of FMCA.com Web pages. Before signing in for the first time, you must create a new account.
RV Recipe Drive Prize Details
The On-the-Road Muffin/Cupcake Set is ideal for making favorite muffins and cakes as well as individual casseroles, meat loaves and desserts, said Sadlack, cookbook author and co-sponsor of the RV Recipe Drive. The set includes:
1 set of 6 regular silicone muffin cups
1 set of 6 Texas-sized silicone muffin cups
1 Teflon baking sheet
1 1-quart silicone mixing bowl
1 2-cup silicone measuring cup
1 small silicone spatula
“Silicone cookware is great for traveling because it is lightweight, stacks easily and is flexible for storage,” Sadlack said. "It’s also non-breakable, rattle proof and can withstand temperatures of microwave, convection and combination cooking.”
The Teflon baking sheet supports the regular-size muffin cups on a rack and also doubles as a cookie and baking sheet. It can be rolled up and inserted into an empty paper towel tube for storage.
Sadlack travels the country presenting microwave-convection cooking seminars at FMCA conventions and other RV shows. She offers advice, videos and recipes on her Web site, www.microwaveconnect.com. "Many RVers love to cook in their RV, and they enjoy trying new recipes," she said. "I look forward to seeing some of them on FMCA.com."
RV Recipe Drive Rules
- Recipes must be received no later than March 1, 2011, 12 a.m. Eastern time
- Recipes must be submitted via www.fmca.com/motorhome/recipes. Recipes are not accepted via e-mail or postal mail.
- Recipes must be appropriate for RVers and approved by FMCA.com.
- Maximum entries: three per person during contest period.
- Drawing will be held March 3, and winner notified by March 7.
- The winner will receive an On-the-Road Muffin/Cupcake Set, courtesy of Microwave Connection.
- Winner will be notified via e-mail, if recipe was submitted online.
- To enter via postal mail without submitting a recipe, send letter stating you intention to enter, to: FMCA, 8291 Clough Pike, Cincinnati, OH, 45244; attn: Recipe Drive. Be sure to include your postal address or e-mail address, for notification.
- Employees of the Family Motor Coach Association are not eligible to win.