Motorhoming | Family Motor Coach Association
- Created: Friday, 06 May 2011 12:01
After extensive research and beta testing in the RVing community, Rand McNally has released the TripMaker RVND 5510 — the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers.
“We’ve listened carefully to members of the RVing community, who told us overwhelmingly that they would be interested in purchasing a GPS if it provided RV-specific routing, stops and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to see and do along the way,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally.
The TripMaker RVND features:
The TripMaker RVND 5510 routing includes legal (including propane and other RV-only), height and weight restrictions, right or left-turn preference based on 11 different RV types, and a quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas. Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions keep the driver focused on the road ahead.
The TripMaker RVND features more than 14 million points of interest — including festivals, and national, state, and regional Parks. Other key information it provides:
- RV campgrounds, RV dealers and service, parking and rest areas.
- Travel centers with detailed amenities such as dump stations, propane availability and more.
- Detailed exit information and available amenities on upcoming interstate exits.
- RVer tools such as checklists for setup and takedown, maintenance logs, trails back to your campsite, and quick mileage calculators.
- Pet-friendly locations including parks, animal hospitals and beaches.
Things to see and do along the way
In addition to routing and tools critical to RVers, the TripMaker RVND features Rand McNally Editor’s Pick Content – proprietary data with video and photos. The content includes:
- Best of the Road — three- to four-day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps and more to plan a memorable adventure.
- Regional trips, scenic tours, weekend getaways, and city trips.
- 12,000 researched locations that will make any trip exciting and unique.
The TripMaker RVND 5510, available in North America in June 2011, is fully operational in English, Canadian French and Spanish.
For more information, visit www.randmcnally.com/rvgps.
|Images of Rand McNally TripMaker RVND 5510|