Pilot Flying J has launched the Android version of its MyPilot smartphone application, designed to assist RVers and professional drivers as they plan trips and stop to refuel and refresh while on the road.
First launched as an iPhone application in November 2011, the MyPilot app is now available for Android-powered devices such as smartphones and tablets. The MyPilot app provides location and trip features for all of the more than 550 travel centers and travel plazas across North America in the Pilot Flying J network.
Using the MyPilot app, customers can locate the closest Pilot or Flying J and find a list of available amenities and fuel prices. The app provides a bird’s-eye view of all locations in the nearby area and allows users to set the locations in a traditional map, satellite or hybrid view.
“Pilot Flying J is the driver-driven company, so we designed the MyPilot app to serve as a one-stop solution for any road trip,” said Ken Parent, senior vice president of operations forPilot Flying J. “We’ve gotten terrific feedback on the app’s new and improved features since the launch of the iPhone version, and we’re pleased to expand its availability to users of Android devices.”
Professional drivers and motorists can also plan a trip by entering the start and end points, and the app will show all of the Pilot and Flying J locations along the way.
Customers using the MyPilot app are able to:
- Use one-touch calling to contact any location from the app listing.
- Find a location with specific amenities using the simple search function.
- Check and compare fuel pricing for all grades at every location.
- Rate your visit and let Pilot Flying J know how well the company served you using a simple five-star rating system.
- Connect with Pilot Flying J on Facebook, Twitter and the company Web site from within the app.
- Contact the Pilot Flying J Customer Service team to receive assistance.
In addition to these features, professional drivers can use the app to:
- Check individual account information such as loyalty points, number of shower credits and Coffee Club status.
- Search for all locations that have DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) at the pump.
- Rate your shower experience and provide comments to Pilot Flying J to help the company continue to improve shower facilities.
For more information, visit www.pilotflyingj.com/mypilot.