Hazelnut Latte Ice Cream Cake
Created by tmoning
, Thursday, 09 December 2010
This recipe will “knock your socks off,” said FMCA family member Lisa Hammond. She raved, “The great thing about it is that you can vary the type of Oreos (chocolate or vanilla), the type of ice cream, and the type of topping. I've used coconut, nuts, morsels, etc.” By varying Lisa’s recipe, you can have several different desserts in your freezer on hand for family meals or guests.
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Approximately 40 Oreo brand cookies, finely crushed
- 1 gallon coffee ice cream, softened
- 1 package chopped hazelnuts
- Grease a 9-inch-by-13-inch nonstick pan (or, as Lisa suggests, use a disposable foil pan).
- Mix together the melted butter and finely crushed cookies.
- Spoon the combination into the pan and pat evenly to cover the bottom.
- Spoon the softened ice cream over the cookie crust.
- Sprinkle the hazelnuts over top and press lightly into the ice cream.
- Freeze for at least two hours.
- 7) Cut into squares.