Pig Pickin' Cake
Subie of Redd, Texas, said she made this recipe often while traveling in a RV. They enjoyed working as Workampers for many years before settling in the Rio Grande Valley.
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 1 can (11 oz.) mandarin oranges, juices reserved
- 4 eggs
- ¼ C. vegetable oil
- 1 package (16 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 can (15 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 package (3.5 oz.) instant vanilla pudding mix
Mix together cake mix, canned mandarin oranges with juice, eggs, and oil. Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 8 inch round pans. Layer will be thin. Bake in oven at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cake tests done. Cool layers on wire racks.Mix together whipped topping, drained pineapple, and instant pudding mix.Fill and frost the cooled cake.Refrigerate until ready to eat.