Created by tmoning
, Thursday, 09 December 2010
This festive potato dish will bring rave reviews. Make it in the morning or even the previous day, and then bake it at dinnertime for a hot and puffy side dish.
- 8 servings instant mashed potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8-ounce package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 tablespoons real bacon bits (not imitation)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Medium onion, finely diced
- Make up the mashed potatoes according to package directions and allow them to cool.
- Fold in the salt and pepper, cream cheese cubes, bacon bits, beaten eggs, and onion.
- Spread into a greased casserole dish.
- Cool, cover, and refrigerate for baking later; or, bake immediately at 350 degrees for approximately 40 minutes or until it’s puffy and golden.