Sauerkraut And Stuffing Stew
Created by tmoning
, Thursday, 09 December 2010
Stews are especially welcome at the winter table. They are the ultimate comfort food, the essential one-pot meal.
- 1 6-serving package pork-flavored stuffing mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 24-ounce package cooked sausage, such as kielbasa
- 1 24-ounce packet sauerkraut
- 1 16-ounce can chicken broth
- Prepare the stuffing mix according to package directions, allow it to cool, and then stir in the beaten eggs.
- Cut the sausage into six portions and place it in the bottom of a deep skillet or roomy saucepan.
- Rinse and drain the sauerkraut and arrange it over top of the sausage.
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Form six stuffing balls using a 1/2-cup measuring cup or an ice cream scoop.
- Place the stuffing balls atop the sauerkraut; cover; reduce heat; and cook for 20 minutes until the stuffing is firm.
- Serve in shallow soup plates.