Tuna for One
Created by tmoning
, Thursday, 09 December 2010
In response to requests for more recipes for singles and couples, here’s a quickie to try in your microwave oven. It calls for a small, single-serve (3 1/4-ounce) can of tuna.
- 1 3 1/4-ounce can tuna
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup instant rice
- ½ teaspoon lemon pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain the tuna into a measuring cup and add enough water to make 1/3-cup of liquid.
- Put all the ingredients in a microwavable container; cover; and cook for three minutes.
- Allow the tuna mixture to stand, covered, for one minute.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cook in the microwave oven for another 30 seconds uncovered.