Any questions about joining? Contact us at (800) 543-3622
Home    Explore FMCA    Stay Connected    Member Login
  • Membership FAQs
  • 1. How can I join FMCA?

    Join online for $60 for the first year, or call Membership Services at (800) 543-3622. Or, download the FMCA Enrollment Form (PDF). Join for two years — $110. Join for three years — $155. Join for four years — $195. Join for six years — $260.

  • 2. How do I renew my membership?

    Renew online or call Membership Services at (800) 543-3622. The cost to renew is $50 for one year, $95 for two years, $135 for three years, and $200 for five years.


    The renewal term will start one day after your membership’s original expiration date, and will last for one year (or other selected renewal term).

  • 3. Can I set up my membership so it automatically renews?

    Yes. FMCA offers an automatic dues renewal program, with payment via credit card. When renewing online, select the "Enroll in Auto-Renewal" option. Or, call (800) 543-3622 and ask for the Membership Services department for assistance.

  • 4. Are my FMCA membership dues based upon the calendar year?

    No. The membership period begins with the day that you join the association.

  • 5. My membership lapsed for few years and now I want to rejoin. Can I keep my original FMCA membership number?

    Definitely. Give us call at (800) 543-3622 and we'll be happy to reactivate your membership.


  • 6. What benefits does FMCA offer?

    Family Motor Coaching magazine — articles, tips and more arriving in your mailbox every month. Plus, get full access to the online and digital editions, including back issues.


    FMCAssist Emergency medical evacuation program — Members are automatically enrolled in this program, which covers you anytime you are 100 miles or more from home in ANY vehicle, worldwide.


    Michelin Advantage tire program —  great deals that add up to big savings for members. Now includes light truck and passenger vehicle tires, too.


    FMCA Roadside Assistance — tailored for you and your motorhome. Offers towing of your motorhome to the nearest repair center, fuel delivery, lockout service, tire change, battery boost and more.


    FMCA RV Insurance — Expert brokers can help you find the right policy for your "home away from home," at price you can afford.


    Towing Guide — Family Motor Coaching magazine's annual guide to vehicles that manufacturers have approved for towing four wheels down.


    This is just the beginning. View all of the membership benefits.

  • 7. How can I locate other FMCA members?

    Look them up in's Member Directory (member sign-in required). You can search for them by name, membership number, city, state, etc.


    To find chapters of interest, use's Chapter Search.

  • 8. I no longer own a motorhome. Can I still be an FMCA member?

    Yes, you can transition to an Associate member, at the same $50 annual renewal rate. Associate members continue to receive Family Motor Coaching magazine and also automatically receive the FMCAssist emergency medical benefit. Remember, FMCAssist covers you in ANY vehicle — car, boat, train — as long as you are more than 100 miles from your primary permanent residence.


    To activate your Associate membership or for more information, please call (800) 543-3622.

  • 9. How do I affix my FMCA membership plates to my motorhome?

    Kiley Mold Company ( offers assorted mounting products. You might also find some ideas on this thread on the FMCA Motorhome Forums:


    Attaching FMCA Membership Plate to Motorhome


    The membership emblem has long been a part of FMCA's history. It's a great conversation starter when someone spots one at a campground or other location.

  • 10. I need a new set of numbered identification emblems for my coach. How do I order them?

    Coach plates with your FMCA membership number can be ordered directly from the manufacturer, Kiley Mold Company. Kiley also sells mounting brackets, numbered identification plates for towed vehicles, and key tags. An order form appears in every issue of Family Motor Coaching magazine. To find the order form, look in the magazine's Advertising Index under "FMCA Plates & Key Tags" or visit Kiley on the Web at

  • 11. An FMCA membership plate was attached to the motorhome I just bought. When I join FMCA, can I keep that membership number?

    No. Membership numbers cannot be transferred from one person to another; the numbers are permanently assigned.

  • 12. How do I use FMCA's trip routing service?

    To obtain a trip routing, FMCA members must send a written request via mail or fax directly to FMCA’s trip routing service or submit a request using the online order-entry page at The Web site also has a form that members can download and fill out in order to submit a written request. This form generally appears in each issue of FMC magazine as well. The page number is listed in the Advertising Index under "FMCA Trip Routing Service." Please allow one week for delivery of the routing. If you submit your request online via the order-entry page on, you can request that your trip routing be sent to you via e-mail in the form of a PDF file, or opt to have it sent via postal mail. The service can provide routings for destinations in the United States, Canada, and Mexico.

  • 13. I travel each year between a winter and summer home. Can I have two different addresses for delivery of my magazine?

    Yes, we maintain a seasonal address file and can send your magazine to your winter or summer address during the months you are staying in a different location. Contact the Membership Department —

    — to arrange this service.

  • 14. How can I become a Life member of FMCA?

    The Full Lifetime Membership program originally was established to raise funds to purchase the national office building in 1976. The program was then closed by FMCA's Governing Board in accordance with FMCA's Bylaws.

  • 15. How does FMCA’s pinch-hit driver program work?

    The purpose of this program is to assist FMCA members who encounter any type of emergency that prohibits them from driving their coach while away from home. Pinch-hit drivers are listed in the "Stoppin' Spots" section of the January Directory/Member Benefits Guide issue of FMC magazine. Stoppin' Spots participants also will turn up when you search the Member Directory online. Contact the national office for additional information about how to enlist the assistance of a pinch-hit driver or to volunteer to serve in this capacity. Or, download Pinch Hit Driver form.

  • 16. Does FMCA offer any youth activities for members’ children?

    FMCA's young people are offered the opportunity to have fun participating in organized activities at the association's summer international conventions. There are programs for FMCA's Teen-Age Travelers (TATS), ages 13 to 18; PRE-TEENS, ages 10 to 12; TWEENS, ages 6 to 9; and TOTS, ages 2 to 5.

  • 17. Is there any kind of insurance available to members traveling outside the United States?

    Yes, FMCA International Travel Insurance is an optional insurance plan that covers you anywhere in the world (special rates for high-risk countries and hazardous activities).

  • 18. How does FMCA’s antitheft program work?

    FMCA Protected” decals are available from our Member Services Department for attachment to members’ motorhomes in order to discourage break-ins and motorhome theft. A $2,500 reward will be paid to any individual who provides information leading to the arrest and conviction of persons burglarizing an FMCA member’s motorhome.

  • 19. Some of my friends are carrying FMCA business cards. Can I get some, too?

    FMCA "business" cards are available for family members to use to exchange mailing addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses with people they meet while traveling. Cards are available in two styles: with one home address, or with winter and summer addresses. The cards are reasonably priced as follows: $20 for 200 cards, $25 for 500 cards, and $30 for 1,000 cards. Use the order form that appears bimonthly in FMC magazine. Look for "FMCA Business Cards" in the magazine's Advertising Index.

  • 20. Which commercial members offer FMCA discounts?

    Check the listings in the RV Marketplace, for companies that offer discounts to FMCA members. The RV Marketplace is published in the January and June issues of FMC magazine and is accessible on To receive the discounts, FMCA Family members must present their FMCA membership card at the time of service or purchase.

  • 21. My parents are members of FMCA. Now I have a motorhome, and I was told that I could join FMCA and use their number. Is that correct?

    If your parents are already members of FMCA when you sign up, it is possible for you to use their number with an "S" on the end for son, or a "D" for daughter. Similarly, applicants whose son or daughter joined the association before them may obtain a membership using their son's or daughter's number with a "P" on the end for parent. Members' grandchildren may join the association and use the family membership number with the addition of the letter "G" for grandchild.

  • 22. Does FMCA offer any incentives or rewards for recruiting new members?

    Yes. FMCA members who recruit new members can save on their membership dues, area rally registration or family reunion registration. FMCA members receive a $10 coupon for each new member they recruit. Coupons may be used by members toward payment of their FMCA membership dues, event registration, or for FMCA logo merchandise. There is no limit to the number of coupons that can be used toward the dues payment, so the more you recruit, the less you will have to pay for your membership renewal. Coupons that are earned as a reward for signing up new members are good for two years after they have been awarded.

  • 23. Will FMCA sell my name to other companies?

    Absolutely not! In accordance with FMCA's Constitution, under no circumstances is FMCA's membership list to be used for purposes other than FMCA business. Relative to this issue, on occasion you may receive an announcement about a special offer from a company providing a benefit to FMCA members. These mailings are approved by the Executive Board and are made because the board feels that they constitute a benefit to FMCA members. A confidentiality agreement protects the list against use for any other purpose.

  • 24. I’ve heard that my town is considering an ordinance that would restrict RV parking. What should I do?

    FMCA has a Governmental and Legislative Affairs Committee that supports the common interests of FMCA members on legislative, regulatory and other emerging issues that protect the motorhome lifestyle. This committee has prepared a Parking Rights Manual & Guide that outlines the steps you should take when confronted by restrictive ordinances. To request a copy, contact our Member Services Department.

  • 25. I joined FMCA today. When will I receive my FMCA membership card and identification plates?

    You will receive your membership card, your membership plates (which can be affixed to your motorhome), and a new-member packet within three to five weeks, via postal mail.

  • 26. How do I print a paper copy of my membership card?

    To print a copy of your membership card:


    • Sign in at
    • Select the "Profile" button at the top right of the page.
    • Select "View My Member Profile."
    • Select the "Print Membership Card" button. Open or save the PDF file, and then print it.

RV Marketplace

RV repair, campgrounds, products ...

Coming Events X

No new events at this time.