Motorhome Basics | FMCA
Motorhoming is a fun, economical way to see the country and meet new people. Once you own a motorcoach, or motor coach, and experience the motor home lifestyle, you'll realize it’s one of the best ways to enjoy RV living.
Of course, a prime reason for RV enthusiasts to own a motor home is so they can join the Family Motor Coach Association. Motorhoming fosters a sense of community. By joining FMCA, RV owners become part of a valuable network of motorcoach owners who share a common interest in RVing. Plus, FMCA motor coach owners are eligible for more than 30 member benefits that appeal to RV owners.
Here are 10 additional reasons to own a motor home:
Motorhomes are equipped with comfortable living, dining, sleeping and bathroom facilities. In a motorhome, you can travel and enjoy the great outdoors with far more creature comforts than other forms of RV camping.
10. At home in a motorhome
9. Your motorhome and the great outdoorsOwning a motorhome is a springboard to all sorts of recreational activities.
8. A motor home means freedom and convenienceKeep the motorhome stocked with food, clothing and essentials so you can just hop in the RV and go. No need to unpack and carry bulky suitcases. Take off on last-minute mini RV vacations, tailgating events and weekend trips. Create your own RV adventures along the way. Stop and take a break when you choose. The destinations are endless ….
7. In a motor coach, opportunity knocksA motorhome is a recreation vehicle that can be used for much more than the occasional short RV trip or cross-country odyssey. Motorhome owners use their motorcoaches for business endeavors, to pursue hobbies, or to volunteer.
6. Buying a motorhome: RV choicesMotorhomes come in assorted sizes and price ranges. Whether you’re entering the RV market, upgrading, or prefer a motor coach with all the bells and whistles, you’re in luck. Options and versatile floor plans make it easier to find a motorhome that matches your lifestyle and budget.
5. RV bonding yet?Whether it’s a long motor home excursion or a weekend getaway, motorhome trips can strengthen family bonds weakened by busy daily lives. Family members tend to connect with each other when they are away from their normal routines and enjoying a simpler lifestyle, the motorcoach lifestyle.
4. Motorhoming broadens kids’ horizonsBecause a motor coach sleeping quarters, kitchens, dining areas and bathrooms are readily accessible, motorhoming is a more relaxing way to travel with children. Motorhome travel can help children learn to appreciate the outdoors and gain insights into different people and places. Thanks to the RV advantages, the kids may forget it’s a learning experience. And, seeing the world through kids’ eyes opens up a new set of wonders for adults.
3. RV campgrounds everywhereA multitude of public, private and government-owned motorhome campgrounds are located near popular tourist attractions. Some RV parks are small and bucolic, while others are large, upscale resorts. Fees and amenities vary.
2. Motorhome with your petRV owners don't have to board their pets in a kennel or leave them with a family member. Most pets adjust to motorhome travel just fine.
1. Motorhoming costs lessAnd while fuel costs have been a concern at times …
Cost comparison studies have found that RV vacations still are more affordable than travel by personal car, commercial airline or cruise ship. And, motorhomers can adjust to fuel prices by staying longer in one place and/or closer to home.
Pre-owned motorhomes can cost substantially less than new models (check the classifieds and Internet postings for deals). RV dealers have been known to offer low-rate loans. Many motorhome loans are treated as second mortgages, making the interest tax-deductible.