Any questions about joining? Contact us at (800) 543-3622
Home    Explore FMCA    Stay Connected    Member Login

Motorhoming | Family Motor Coach Association

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) have joined efforts to remind summer travelers of document requirements to travel into both countries.

The U.S. Customs and Border Protection reminds travelers:

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) requires U.S. and Canadian citizens, age 16 and older, to present a valid, acceptable travel document that denotes both identity and citizenship when entering the United States by land or sea. U.S. and Canadian citizens under age 16 may present a birth certificate or alternative proof of citizenship when entering by land or sea.

WHTI-compliant documents for entry into the United States at land and sea ports include:

  • U.S. or Canadian passports;
  • Trusted traveler card (NEXUS, SENTRI, or FAST/EXPRES);
  • U.S. passport card; and
  • state- or province-issued enhanced driver’s licenses (when and where available). For more information, visit the WHTI Web site. (

A radio frequency identification (RFID)-enabled travel document, such as a U.S. passport card, enhanced driver’s license/enhanced identification card or trusted traveler program card, expedites entry and makes crossing the border more efficient.

Other programs that facilitate the entry process for international travelers coming into the country to visit, study or conduct legitimate business include trusted traveler programs, such as SENTRI, NEXUS and Global Entry. For more information about these programs, visit

The Canada Border Services Agency reminds travelers:

Canadian entry requirements have not changed as a result of the U.S. WHTI.

Canadians returning home (including children) are encouraged to carry proper identification to assist in confirming their legal right to enter Canada. A passport is not mandatory for entry into Canada but it is a preferable piece of identification. Other acceptable identification includes an enhanced driver’s license, a birth certificate with accompanying photo ID such as a regular driver’s license, a permanent residence card, a citizenship card, a certificate of Indian Status or a NEXUS card or Free and Secure Trade (FAST) card when traveling by land or boat.

U.S. citizens do not need to carry a passport to enter Canada. However, they should carry proof of citizenship (such as a birth certificate) as well as photo identification.

NEXUS members can provide advance notice to the CBSA at least 30 minutes (minimum) and up to four hours (maximum) prior to arriving in Canada by calling the NEXUS telephone reporting centre (TRC) at 1-866-99-NEXUS (1-866-996-3987).

Importing Firearms

Visitors to Canada should be aware of the requirements to import a firearm into Canada. Many weapons are prohibited and are therefore not allowed into Canada. All travelers must declare any firearms and weapons in their possession when they are seeking entry to Canada. Anyone who does not declare them upon arrival can face prosecution, and the firearms and the vehicle used to carry them may be seized.

More info

Visit for more information, including entry requirements into Canada for non-Canadians, and to download a copy of I Declare, a detailed publication describing what to expect when bringing goods into Canada.

Canadians returning home and visitors to Canada are reminded that they can plan their border crossing to avoid peak times, and that they should check Canada-bound border wait times via the CBSA Web site and on Twitter.

For more information, visit or


RV Marketplace

RV repair, campgrounds, products ...

Coming Events X

No new events at this time.