Motorhoming | Family Motor Coach Association
Don't rely on GPS alone. Your FMCA Custom Trip Routing Guide contains suggested route options with easy-to-use printed maps. You'll have a "big picture" guide and all the details at your fingertips.
FMCA members can request to receive a CustomMaps Trip Plan via email. After submitting the requeset by using our online form, the routing should arrive in your inbox, within a few minutes, in PDF format. Or, to receive it via postal mail, leave the e-mail box blank on the online form.
Each Personal Travel Plan contains printed maps that members can use as their guide during travel. A shaded line highlights the roads to use on the suggested route.
Each Custom Trip Routing Guide also includes:
- a list of travel instructions, under each map or on the facing page;
- estimated drive times and driving distances, taking into account average traffice conditions and speed laws;
- a separate list of points of interest along your route, for each state;
- state tourism contact information, for each state;
- phone numbers for obtaining state road information for all U.S. states and Canadian provinces; and
- a sheet for keeping track of trip expenses such as gas, parking and tolls.
Fill out the form completely to ensure that you receive the routing and maps most suited to your journey. This form also generally appears in each issue of FMC magazine. Send the form, by mail or fax, to:
1749 Old Meadow Rd
McLean VA 22102
Attn: FMCA Trip Routing Service
Submit written requests for trip planning information via fax or postal mail. Include your name, FMCA membership number and complete address. Also, specify where the trip will begin and its final destination, as well as whether the "most direct" or "most scenic" route is preferred. Members who submit written requests will receive a suggested route in approximately one week.
Neither FMCA national office staff nor travel service personnel can take trip routing requests over the phone; all requests must be made online or in writing and directed using the information above.